Jan 21, 2010

The Tiresome Three and knitted dog coats


There is so much to share about the puppies. They are growing fast. I was able to get good homes for three of them, but the rest of them are still with me. The "Tiresome Three", thats what I call them, keep me on my toes all day. They have also had bouts of sickness, that I have had to cope with. Its a cold winter and I ventured to knit some puppy coats, as the very small sizes are not avaiIable here. I tried thrice, and each time I came up with an improved version. These coats were knitted in a day using thick yarn. I did not follow any pattern, but was not disappointed with the end results.



I am looking for good homes without compromising on anything for these little ones.



It was Mom's birthday in the beginning of  this month. I made a tatted card for her using some bits and pieces of tatting I had stashed somewhere. It was hurriedly done at the last moment.



I tatted a small doily by Iris Neibach. Her patterns are so intricate and beautiful. They can be tricky, as the chains are very long in some of her designs. This is 'Eleonora', tatted using size 20 Red Rose thread.



My cousin requested me to make earrings for her, I tried for the first time and came up with this.





4 comments:

  1. The puppies are darling and I love their knitted coats. Love your tatting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tatting is very beautiful! I love Iris Niebach's patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla and Rayanna thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been fun to read about the puppies! Love your knitting and tatting. Also, thank you for visiting my blog. Your words were very kind.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are highly valued, please do not hesitate.